Thursday, September 23, 2010

September 23 Seeking His Path

Today I had my 13th session of radiotherapy, meaning I am more than half-way through and there are only twelve more to go! Now I pray more intensely during the treatment session and it goes fast because I barely make through 3 prayer items. It is amazing how focusing on the Lord can do.

Yesterday was a trying day. After the radiotherapy session, Victor and I went to Macau for my class. The ferry ride was so rocky we both broke into cold sweat. Victor got the bag ready for vomit. Fortunately we were spared. It was so bad I questioned again whether I can manage teaching in Macau. When we arrived, it was raining so hard I prayed for it to turn into a drizzle so that I could go back to campus. I ended up getting late for my appointment because I simply could not walk as fast as I used to. I had small group meetings with students yesterday. The small groups went well. I love what I do! I noted that when my mind is focused (on tasks or with people), I can be so absorbed I forget my hunger, physical pain and everything (e.g how hard the ferry ride was). The positive side is that I really enjoy what I do and I can be very productive in such condition. The negative side is I can be so focused on the mind and the activities that I totally neglect my bodily needs. I need to find out the activity level that is good and fitting for me.

Whever I pray for healing, I yearn for restoration of my health, particularly my energy level. I am waiting on the Lord to show me more about His will and His plan for me such that I can make changes accordingly. I realize what I long for most is not the revitalization of energy, but rather I want to be assured that I am walking in the center of His will - that is where I can find peace. Pray with me that I may know His path and follow with joy.

3 comments:

  1. 詩篇 66:20
    神是應當稱頌的. 祂並沒有推卻我的禱告, 也沒有叫祂的慈愛離開我.

    Mindful man

    ReplyDelete
  2. 繼續努力,倚靠衪過每一天。

    ReplyDelete
  3. you may find the following report useful

    人參內乙醇提取物可抑制癌細胞生長
    (商台)2010年9月29日 星期三 13:27
    浸大中醫藥學院研究發現,人參內的「乙醇提取物」可以有效抑制癌細胞生長。院長劉良說,研究團隊把肺癌細胞移植到老鼠體內,根據老鼠的體重,連續一個月每日餵食人參提煉物,一個月後發現老鼠的肺癌腫瘤,體積及重量都縮減。

    劉良說,「乙醇提取物」可以在人體內發揮多大作用,有待臨床驗證。他說,一般人參、紅參及人參產品,例如膠囊、粉末等,都有「乙醇提取物」,但每種產品的含量各有不同。

    Mindful man

    ReplyDelete