Monday, October 11, 2010

October 11 GOODBYE!!!

Today I have my last session of radiotherapy! I came home and enjoyed a delightful shower! It is great after 5 weeks of having only partial showers. [Praise God my skin is still okay and I only need to be careful.]

One uncertainty that many cancer patients have to face is recurrence. I have pondered about this on and off during the course of treatment - Am I healed and would continue my "normal" life or would there be a recurrence of cancer somewhere down the road? Should I be prepared for a "shortened" life or should I look ahead to many more years on earth? The "control freak" in me wants to "know" to plan accordinly. Although I have wanted (and asked for) some signs or assurance from the Lord that I would have my "normal" life back, the Lord has not granted this wish. Instead I am reminded that God, the author of life, will write my life script. Therefore I could (or should) only surrender to His perfect plan. I will continue my life journey and fight the Good Fight as a Cheerful Helper until the time to meet Him arrives. [As Paul said in 2 Tim 4:7-8 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."]

THANK YOU and GOODBYE
I want to thank all of you for your support - your prayers, comments and words of encouragement have been a great blessing, carrying me through during this difficult time. Your prayer makes a difference!
Well, I am going to say GOODBYE here. [You can still share this blog with friends who may benefit from reading my experience during cancer.] If you are still interested to find out what is going on with me, I am moving onto a new blog at http://www.cheerfulhelper.blogspot.com.
I want to hear about how your life is going on as well. So do keep in touch!

Last Prayer Request
Please join me in praying for opportunities to have a ministry amongst students from mainland China in Macau. The Bible study group I tried to get going before breast cancer has "fallen apart," so I am praying for new directions.


With love,

Doris

10 comments:

  1. It's a happy ending and it's time to close this blog and to be a happy helper.

    God bless

    Mindful man

    ends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the sharing with us, to let us know the amazing work of God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! I am so happy for you. See you back in Park Island. Siu Ding, Calvin and I do miss seeing you. We shall catch up.

    Love,
    Helen & Calvin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord !
    A new chapter of your life will begin. ^-^ our Lord is the author. I sure am glad He is the one who wites our life and no others.
    Enjoy what He gives you, don't think too much of the future. He is the one who holds the future and tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't come up with the appropriate words that can communicate my thoughts and feelings in this moment. Like many Facebook partrons would do, I salute your closing message with a "Like".

    Keep moving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 很高興妳能「捱」完。這路確是難行。願主的恩手仍然拖帶妳行前路。請小心飲食,多做運動和好好休息。下次返港再約妳吃飯。

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your life and challenges are part of His handiwork (Eph 2:10).

    ReplyDelete
  8. May God continues to keep you and guide your life ahead! Have a good fight in life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has been one year since this blog. I thank God for giving your life gracefully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    ReplyDelete