Sunday, May 9, 2010

May 9 Blessings on the Lord's Day

The trip to Macau was fine - we were dead tired though! I had a good meeting with one of my bosses to discuss management of work. We then headed straight to the hospital for my medical appointment. It was quite a wait. By 6 pm everyone was gone and the office was about to close; I was praying desperately that I could meet the doctor and complete the paperwork needed. Thankfully everything was finally done. We managed both ferry rides without throwing up!

Yesterday we just rested.

This morning I still felt really tiring. After an afternoon nap, the Lord prompted me to walk outside. As I excerised in the garden, the glimpse of sunshine through the clouds lifted my heart. I was reminded of the Lord's face shining upon us:
Psalm 4:6-8 Many are asking, "Who can show us any good?" Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Lord. 7 You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound. 8 I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety. (NIV)

The Lord gave me hope that He can renew my heart each day even as my body would be "wasting away" during this time. though my body is failing. [2 Cor 4:16-17
Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.]

2 comments:

  1. Doirs,

    We are grateful that you are going through this so courageously and I can't be more thankful to what you and Victor have done. Dad is so much happier now. You and Victor are always in my and Siu Ding's prayers.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete