Monday, June 14, 2010

June 14 Ready for 3rd Round

Tomorrow will be the 3rd round of chemotherapy.

Today is medical check up day and thankfully I am ready for the next round of chemotherapy. It was nice that my sister was with me, validating that the long wait can be trying. Waiting can wear one out!

My study on “Healing” in the Bible has moved to the New Testament. I am now studying the word “therapeuo.” The most encouraging is that Jesus took the initiation of “teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.” (Matthew 4:23). “This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah: "He took up our infirmities and carried our diseases." (Matthew 8:17).

The Lord gave me the same passage for the 3rd round of chemotherapy.
Isa 53:4
4 Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, NIV
4 Surely our griefs He Himself bore, and our sorrows He carried; NASU

For the 2nd round of chemotherapy, my focus was on 53:5
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. NIV

Today I noted that my hope is in His love alone. In sickness I realize I may not be able to do anything and I may become a nobody. Without His love, life will then be meaningless. With His love, it would be totally different.

Rom 8:35-39
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:
"For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

We can be more than conqueors through Him who loved us. Honestly I do not know how exactly this works. Lord, only help us hold onto Your love!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Doris
    I shall continue praying for you.
    Suzy will be in HK this Friday. Perhaps sometimes chat with you after your treatment.
    Have peace with your 3rd round of chemotherapy!

    ReplyDelete