Monday, December 21, 2015

Dec 21, 2015

During this time, Victor and I have a discrepancy – I am eager to be with the Lord and feel that we should be grieving our eventual separation. Victor perceives differently and believes God will somehow provide a way out. Sometimes we feel a tension due to this difference. What binds us together is that we are both committed to seeking the sovereign will of God. I guess this is critical in marriage – to seek God’s will for each of us individually and as a couple, trusting that He would lead and guide accordingly, (and not insisting on our own position). Today I got the CT scan results indicating that the cancer had spread to the liver and bones. I am not surprised with the findings. I decide to still proceed with the 3rd chemotherapy cycle as scheduled tomorrow and then give some time to consider whether it is time to discontinue treatment and shift to palliative care. Although there are still “chemotherapy treatment options,” I believe at some point I want to make the decision with peace and conviction. Some folks are convinced that Christians “must” pray for healing with faith. I do not exactly agree. My faith is that God can certainly heal and it can be in whatever way that pleases him. He can work through traditional or alternative medicine, diet, exercise, meditation and different spiritual practices, etc., but His miracles are not bound by these means, His miracles are above and beyond. Some folks believe that we should always be “positive.” I do not need a false hope that I would get better. I am not waiting for death. I am “waiting on the Lord“, and for His will for me to be fulfilled. I want to complete His will for me on earth and press towards the finish line. May the Lord be merciful and carry me through! 這段時間我和Victor有些張力, 我渴望離世與主同在因而覺得應該跟Victor面對離世的哀傷,而Victor感到神會在我們的試煉中開出一條新路。 使我們可以合一的便是我們同心尋求神的旨意,期望祂的主權在我們個人和夫婦一體上按祂心意成就,這在婚姻中是重要的,免得我們把個人的觀點和定向看得太重。 今天CT報告顯示癌已經擴散至肝和骨,我自己未感意外,決定明天依期接受第三針化療,自己再思想何時會放棄其他化療方案而轉向舒緩治療。我盼望禱告後心中有平安,清楚踏上這一步。 有些朋友認爲基督徒面對疾病必須要凴信心祈求醫治,我不完全認同,我深信神能在任何時間,任何地點,對任何人用任何方法醫治,不限於傳統醫療,非傳統醫療,特別食療,運動工夫,屬靈操練等等。有些人叫我積極樂觀,我並不覺得談及(預備)死亡就是消極悲觀,因爲我不需要一個虛假的盼望,因爲我不是等死,是“等候神”自己,盼望完成祂的旨意,把世上當做的事完成,直奔到終點!求神憐憫,叫我好好靠祂走後這段路!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Doris,

    I am sadden to hear this news, I have prayed for you and will be praying for you! I am always encouraged by your sharing. God has granted you such a great faith during this most difficult time. I totally agree with you. I think positive thinking is poison to our souls along with the so-called health and wealth "Gospel". Indeed we are not waiting for death but waiting to see and meet our glorious Lord Jesus in spirit! Yesterday, I prayed that you can more and more let go of this life and treasure more and more of Christ to prepare you to see him. I still pray for healing for you if this is the will of the Lord.

    Thank you for blessing me, and my church's brothers and sisters with your sharing. I shall see you again in heaven soon one day when I too, by Christ merits, will enter into the glorious Kingdom, the everlasting home, the city build by God for each of His children. God bless.

    Steven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doris, your life has touched so many. Your effort to teach well, your desire to understand psychology from a faith perspective, and your involvement in the FTBC project since 2008 are just a tiny bit of what you have done for many. By living faithfully in illness, and by documenting your ups and downs along the way, you helped remove at least part of the scary part of death, and set a good example for us to emulate in our own one-way journey.

    ReplyDelete