Thursday, September 9, 2010

September 9 Day of Rest

Yesterday the radiation machine had problems and everything was delayed. We got notified but it was still a long wait. One thing about being a patient is that you can only be patient. We were all watching this tragic soap opera on TV and there was really no escape from the drama in the waiting room.

Due to the machine problem, the treatment session was cancelled today. The bad news is it would prolong the treatment. The good news is I can take a break without having to run around too much. This allows me some time to rest and recuperate.

I am learning to be still during the radiotherapy session. It is easier now because the actual treatment session is short and my arms would not go numb. I guess in ordinary life it is hard for me to be still too. I tend to feel my existence through activities and my aliveness only in action. It takes some will power to stay still and not get agitated! Therefore it is difficult to imagine a life without movement and actions. Yet, “who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?” (Matthew 6:27). “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” (Matthew 6:33-34)

I reviewed my study notes on healing. Here is one of my favorite verses:

Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And all that is within me, bless His holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget none of His benefits;
Who pardons all your iniquities,
Who (heals all your diseases;
Who redeems your life from the pit,
Who (crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion;
Who satisfies your years with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle.
(Psalm 103: 1-5) (NASB)

Thank you for all your prayers and kind words.

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you stress 'patient'. It is in fact another hard thing to master.

    Be patient with God, ourself, our spouse, the people next to you....etc.

    Sometimes, we may need to realise that God is so patient to us. The way God loves is so powerful. You are very loved by Him.
    Just being with Him. Don't worry too much. He knows, allows and is in control.

    Always pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that there is progress in radiotherapy (save for the nachine hicup today). Be patient in His healing.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete