Friday, August 13, 2010

August 13 Prayer Request

My sister who visited me on Monday to help out got sick (sore throat, fever and everything!)We went dim sum together that morning. So I am freaking out a little bit and feeling guilty for the pleasure I had sneaked out to enjoy all this week. Pray for speedy recovery for my sister as well as protection from illness / infection for me.

The last shot would be next Tuesday and I cannot afford any delay. New semester events are scheduled and I need to be there!! So pray that all that numbers will go okay on Monday’s check up. Pray that Tuesday’s chemo injection will go smoothly. My veins are pretty hardened by now and I am praying the whole body would be able to endure it one more time. Once again I ask that the cancer cells will be destroyed while my organs and the good systems would be resilient. On Wednesday I would need to go back to the hospital – they are going to take measures to prepare for the upcoming radiotherapy.

I tried to enjoy this week as much as possible because the new semester will start on the last week of August. I sneaked out quite a few times. I also tried to stretch myself a bit more to get myself ready for return to Macau . I tried to cook more but I burned the soup the other day. Today I carried my backpack with laptop to the pier to give Victor the lunch box he forgot. I try to test out if I am ready to walk up the hill to my office in the heat in Macau. I am still easily tired. So I need to take good care of the body.

Well, vaguely I know that everything will work out. The Lord is faithful to carry me through to the end. I will continue to trust in the Lord one step at a time, one task at a time and one day at a time.

Thank you for remembering me in your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. You are under good protection but do take care of yourself. Do rest adequately whenever you feel tired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not push yourself too hard. But I will pray hard.
    Take care! 繼續努力。

    ReplyDelete