Saturday, May 1, 2010

May 3rd Preparation for Chemotherapy

The Lord has helped me prepare for chemotherapy step by step.

After reading more journal articles, I learned that the benefit of aditional chemotherapy differs depending on the specific types of breast cancer. Future research on cancer gene studies may spare me from chemoetherapy afterall. However for now this is something I must go through. I will therefore receive it from the Lord and trust that He can use it to benefit me in His own mysterious way.

I am holding onto 2 Cor 4:16-17 "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." NIV
所以我們不喪膽.外體雖然毀壞、內心卻一天新似一天。我們這至暫至輕的苦楚、要為我們成就極重無比永遠的榮耀。
This verse reminds us that ultimately we are all going to face the fact that our body would be wasting away, so perhaps this is a good time for me to practice being renewed inwardly day by day by Him. May this be a process of His renewal.

Thank you for remembering me in your prayers.

4 comments:

  1. 小心保重身體。一定為妳祈禱。

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pray for your health to receive the treatment without much adverse effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chemo treatment will start today with a total of 6 courses until August 2010 following by radiothearpy. Pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 『棋盤』的比喻。

    在國際圍棋中,白色的棋子代表正面的感覺,黑色的棋子代表負面的感覺,如憂慮、抑鬱等。在下棋時,白色的棋子與黑色的棋子對壘,這場比賽雙方爭鬥不絕。人生就以是棋盤,而不是棋子,輸贏也不要緊。人生中無可避免有不受自己歡迎的事情。


    這個比喻讓我們認清自己只是棋盤,不是棋子,接納生命中白色或黑色的事情。別忘記上帝才是棋盤的主人。

    Mindful man

    ReplyDelete