Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 13th "Not-so-good" to "Not that bad" Day

Yesterday after my blog entry, I napped praying to rest in the Lord. I woke up feeling I had a fever. After checking the temperature I was alarmed knowing that I would need to check into the hospital. But then it was after office hours and it would be quite a headache to go to the hospital emergency – all the hassle may just take a toll on the body and hit me harder. Fortunately my sister was there with me so I did not panic. I prayed and waited for a bit to check my temperature again and this time it was just marginal. After calling my friend who had leukemia and got some practice advice, I packed to be ready to go to the hospital but continue to just monitor the temperature.

Victor had class last night and his students prayed for me three times. Praise God for them. I finally decided to just wait till the morning. I woke up and the temperature had gone down to the acceptable range – I would still need to keep an eye on it.

So there were twists and turns yesterday, from a “not-so-good” day to a “potentially-really-bad” day (either waiting in the hospital emergency or being hospitalized) and then finally to a “not-that-bad” day after all.

Thank you for all the prayers. You can see I really need them.

5 comments:

  1. 親愛的葉師母:

    我是 Dr.Yap 神學院的學生。昨晚我也有份為你禱告。見到你的訊息,我也十分感恩。

    這是我十分喜歡的詩歌,每當唱這詩歌時,心中會得到安慰和提醒。

    葉師母您也聽聽。願天父每一天拖帶你和Dr.Yap渡過。

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNVCcph6cnI&feature=related

    為您祈禱的Tracy \(^.^)/

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good! Need to pray more fervently for you, especially against infections, and all the other side effects. And for strength and good appetite. Keep up the good fight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 「人的一生就好比客棧,每個早晨都有新來客。喜樂、沮喪、卑劣、某個瞬間的體認,像是意外的訪客翩翩到來。歡迎並熱情地招待他們每一個。」
    〈客棧〉, 魯米(Rumi)

    Mindful man

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Doris
    Take Care. I will keep praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Doris,
    You are in my prayers.
    P.S.: You changed the design of this blog. I like it. The design looks so full of hope. :)

    ReplyDelete