Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July 14th He Revives Us

The Lord has graciously answered my earnest prayer last night: I asked that this morning my temperature would clearly go down so that I do not need to be worried about going to the hospital. I also asked that I would not wake up so much at night. Indeed I slept through six hours and woke up without the temperature. I am VERY THANKFUL!

These are petty in the grand scheme of things - but I desperately need help! When you cannot control much about your basic bodily functions, there is not much that you can do. At different times in life, we will for sure reach our moments of vulnerability. Isn't it amazing that God cares us and even our trivialities?! This verse comes to me today:

Isa 57:15
15 For this is what the high and lofty One says — he who lives forever, whose name is holy:
"I live in a high and holy place, but also with him who is contrite and lowly in spirit,to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite. NIV


The Lord reaches out to us!

P.s. Victor just taught me the word "lives" is "shakan" in Hebrew. This word is used for the tabernacle, meaning He tents among us (John 1:14). Amazing!

3 comments:

  1. Doris, the Lord is wonderful. He answers all our prayers all the time. Seeing you so happy really makes my day. The Lord is showing us how we should trust Him. I know it is not easy.
    "Have no fear of sudden disaster ... For the Lord will be your confidence and wll keep your foot from being snared " Proverbs 3:25-6

    ReplyDelete