Sunday, July 4, 2010

July 4th Preparation for 4th Chemotherapy Shot

Dear friends,

Praise God for keeping me in good spirits for the past few days! I am getting ready for the 4th shot on Tuesday.

I had been a bit apprehensive as I would be given another drug Taxotere for the next 3 cycles. This drug would lead to quick decline of white blood cell in the body on the 4th day. [Pray for protection from infection!] So I would need to be brave to stick needles and self inject “Growth Factors” that stimulate white blood cell. There would be the fluid retention issues and therefore steroids would be needed, which has its own side effects (like agitation which I dislike). [Pray for endurance!] The liver also needs to be good enough to take this shot. [Pray for body strength and protection of vital organs!]

As you can tell, I have read about the drug quite a bit on internet. But then knowledge does not make it better. So I will keep on trusting the Lord. May He strengthen my body to be able to take in the drug and to handle the side effects. May He tear down what needs to be destroyed and rebuild what is good in my mind, body and soul - that I may become more resilient. This is a prayer we all need regardless of whether we have cancer or not. May He renew us everyday.

Right now I am as prepared as I can be. Please pray for tomorrow’s check up to go smoothly and that the next few shots will go.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely, I will pray for you. May God be with you no matter where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good news is that God knows what we overlook to pray about. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. take care Doris. Shall pray for you!

    ReplyDelete