Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March 10 PET SCAN Result

On Monday night I learned from the PET SCAN report that there is no metastasis to other parts of the body. Praise the Lord! I was delighted and Victor was quick to see this as a miracle! God is merciful! Now a mastectomy does not seem so bad.

Today I realized that while the PET SCAN does not show metastasis, I have to wait till the surgery to remove the cancer to find out the type of cancer and the follow up treatment needed. While we pray for the best, God reminded me that His mercy to me should not be interpreted by the type of cancer or the extent of metastasis. So this is a little harder for me to take. My faith in Him and His love for me is not to be measured by the "good" or "bad" news/circumstances. The invitation is a journey to know Him beyond the good and bad.

The surgery is now set on next week Wed morning at 7:30 a.m. In the meantime the spiritual journey goes on.

1 comment:

  1. Your surgery date is in my calendar. =) Meanwhile, I like how you said that this is a journey to know Him beyond the good and bad...something for me to remember when times get tough. =)

    ReplyDelete