Friday, March 5, 2010

March 5 First Diagnosis

This is my first morning to wake up with cancer after the formal diagnosis yesterday. This song comes to my mind -
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases,
His mercies never come to an end.
They are new every morning, new every morning.
Great is thy faithfulness O Lord, Great is thy faithfulness.


I decide to do a blog to record my journey. I choose THE GOOD FIGHT (1 Tim 6: 12, 2 Tim 4: 7) as the title. Greek - KALOS ARGON (both words are masculine!)
1 Tim 1: 18, the Greek word for fight is "strateia" - same word Paul uses in 2 Cor 10: 4. The weapons of our warfare is not carnal, but from God.


May the Lord help me fight this good fight - perhaps not against cancer. But just focusing in general on the GOOD FIGHT. The goal is that when it is time for departure, one can say as Paul did, 2 Tim 4:7-8
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

3 comments:

  1. I teared up reading your post, Doris, not because I'm sad but it's a mixture of shame and amazement. I'm ashamed that I was so weak upon my own frequent ailments that I got quite angry at God when I waited for the bus for 30 minutes with a fever and sore muscles. I'm so amazed by your faith and your honesty in the most difficult situations.
    You've encouraged me by your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God will fight for you hand in hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're praying for you! I like this...the good fight...fight on, focusing on His goodness, grace, mercy, and love.=)

    ReplyDelete