Sunday, March 14, 2010

March 14 Me and Victor

Thank you for all your words of encouragement!! They light up my day.

I pled with the Lord in the middle of my sleep that I would not lose my ability to work. I would not want Victor to have to find some other ministries to support me. "自由傳道" has been my ideal, basically reflecting a desire to do what we want. The Lord enlightened me that we are called to be His servants, we do what He wants us to do and we rely on His providence to support us. (If I consider myself a "tentmaker", then I have been too invested in making and marketing the tents!)

Recently I have been co-teaching a Sunday school class with Victor - Couples in the Bible series. It was a blessed experience. We find ourselves quite content with our relationship and we are truly thankful to the Lord. I personally feel that our marriage is not perfect but "good enough" - cannot expect too much in life. This incident has allowed us to recognize that the love we have for one another is actually deeper than we think. Love can always grow, sometimes particularly in times of trials!

This week I made dinner for Victor twice, not as a routine but with some love. I waited at the pier to greet him home from work. I sang for him (can't recall when the last time was). These things do not occur in our usual life because we usually manage them quickly to put work or ministries as priorities. There can be a lot of love in small things in our daily lives.

We have certainly shared a lot too - serious stuff such as life and death, "do not resuscitate", our visions and passions, future ministries, finances... and small but important things such as a new commitment to keep the kitchen and bathroom clean (now not grudgingly but with love and for health).

Love can always grow. May the Lord help us to love Him and others in a deeper way!

3 comments:

  1. I like! =) Thank you for the reminder, to do things with love and not just out of duty..! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love starts from kitchen, not bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May your love be even stronger in time of trial

    ReplyDelete