Thursday, April 1, 2010

April 1 Straigthen Up

Yesterday I received two emails from students trying to look for me. So I shared with them I have cancer and would not be available for appointments for a while. One has a problem and I tried to resolve it through email. One has good news and wants to celebrate with me face to face. It is unfortunate I cannot do so.

On regular work days there are many such interactions and sometimes we take them lightly. On sick days such interchange is savored. It is good to share life with others and I am thankful for the privilege to be a part of their lives.

I walk around Man Wan Island twice each day for fresh air and exercise. I am still working on my “shrimpy” body. It is hard to stretch the stiff body, particularly when my posture is not good in the first place due to long hours sitting at the desk. Now I have a new understanding of the phrase “straighten you up.” It does not happen in one instance, it requires regular stretching and exercising. It is certainly better to straighten ourselves up than to let others straighten us up!

No comments:

Post a Comment