Friday, April 2, 2010

April 2 Treatment Plan

Yesterday evening I went to see the doctor to learn about the treatment plan. I am going to need to go through chemotherapy for the cancer (6 cylcles), radiation therapy and 5 years of hormonal therapy. No escape from anything. This is probably the standard treatment.

I am quite prepared for it because I got the preliminary report upon discharge from hospital. Although the information is somewhat technical, one can search the information on the internet or through Google Scholar to read research journal articles on the subject. I was relieved enough that it is not HER2 cancer. So I figured that I have Stage II cancer and since cancer has been spreaded to the lymph

Although I still dread the treatment, it seems that the best strategy is to prepare my body for it. The treatment will last for 6 months (estimated to end in Oct). So I have to figure out the best way to handle work. I really ask your prayers on this since I am also seeking the Lord’s will on whether He intends me to serve Him in different capacities.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Doris, I shall continously pray for your treatment and work plan. Keep strong physically to prepare for the chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatment. I will go to Bangkok for 5 days and catch you when I am back. Take care my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doris, I imagine that many people are filled with fear and reluctance as they look ahead towards treatment. But you are also a woman with a solid foundation and faith, and can say "Lord, I believe...help my unbelief." Thank you for your transparency and honesty in sharing your internal conversations. You are in my prayers. The Lord brought us both to Hong Kong for a reason and He is not done with you yet!
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Doris,

    It is so good to catch up with your recovery! I praise the Lord for carrying you through and that you still have the energy and mind to write and share your journey. What a blessing!

    Since I have learned about your condition, I couldn't help to share some of the thoughts about my reaction to this incident on Facebook. A couple of my non-christian friends were touched. Just wanted to share how God is using all for His glory!

    Will continue to lift you up and walk this journey with you.

    I'm back in WA and starting a new life and settling in with a new routine.

    Just happy and thankful that you're doing well!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete