Sunday, April 25, 2010

April 25 Sunday Message

Today I went to a small church in Man Wan. I waited on the Lord expectantly for His message and indeed He touched me with the song, "主, 請你憐憫". I was deeply moved and the chorus is my prayer -- 主,請你憐憫,今興起我心,求能讓你愛,點燃這生.

The Lord reminded me that Paul was "poured out like a drink offering" in his GOOD FIGHT [2 Tim 4:6-7 For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. NIV]. So far I may have lived a good life, however, I have not given my life fully and solely to His cause.

The sermon today was on Philippians Phil 4:11-13
11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength. NIV May the Lord help me cultivate contentment during this season of illness.

Please remember my friend's father in prayer - he has been bringing food + soup to me while having a serious heart condition!! Fortunately nothing has happened to him during this time. Pray for the procedures to be done smoothly and may the Lord bring him speedy recovery.

1 comment:

  1. helenho88@netvigator.comApril 26, 2010 at 11:13 PM

    Thanks so much for praying for my father. He was so touched that he could feel the prayers from all of you. Tonight he went through the surgery smoothly and he asked me how he could pray to our Lord if he doesn't know Him. I told him God has always been with him. I am so happy not only that we are blessed with our Lord's love and care, He may have touched on my father and I hope that my father can join the rest of our family in believing in Him. Thanks for you prayers.

    ReplyDelete