Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 13 Prescription for Myself

I just checked my blog and was surprised to find all your encouraging words. Thank you!!!!!

Yesterday turned out very smooth - I got an appointment for next Monday at Princess Margaret Hospital. Then I went back to Macau. With my sister's help, I managed to finish everything I need to get done for now. It was very tiring but I slept well last night. When riding on the ferry, I realized that I should prescribe some "psychological treatment" for myself as well. Here they are:

1. Integrate exerciseing with praise and prayer so that I can embrace the gift of life from God through exercising. (2 times a day)

2. Contact friends each day - meeting or phone call. (Once a day in the afternoon when I tend to feel down)

3. Seriously practice relaxation / mindfulness meditation with integration of a spiritual theme. [If you know a particularly good manual or scripts related to cancer, let me know.)

4. One short study on the word "heal" "healing" from the Bible each day starting with the O. T. word, rapha' (raw-faw'); or raphah (raw-faw'). Today is about Abraham praying to God for the healing of Abimelech (Genesis 20:17). "17 Then Abraham prayed to God, and God healed Abimelech, his wife...."
The first time the word occurs is praying to God - and God heals. Your prayers make a huge difference! Thank you for remembering me.

5. Some focus time on work each day relying on His wisdom.

By the way, if you have a recommendation of a water filter in Hong Kong, let me know posting a comment or emailing me. I would like to purchase one.

4 comments:

  1. my friend is using "Diamond Water" and she said good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doris.. I am not sure which water filter is good.. but seems Panasonic ones are powerful. after you search and if you want to buy that brand, call me using my VIP card have bigger discount than any outlets. Besides water filter, (1) do not drink distilled water (2) drink mineral water is good - the good brand recommended by EC(Angela Wong) to take is Volvic and Evian
    for good health , pls try to take plain and fresh cook plain rice daily.. best is twice a day .. rice is not equivalent to congee. Here I mean rice
    Call me anytime (24 hours on call).. Alice Ku
    take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I like meditation as well. Here are my practices:

    練習(1):你在哪裡﹖

    試想像時間就像一條線,由童年的時候至未知的將來。在以下五分鐘,閉上眼睛,留意自己的思想。如果你在思想童年往事,用手指指向左邊。如果你想及將來,把手指指向右方。在五分鐘內,嘗試回答以下問題:

    時間線
    很遠的從前 最近的事情 現在 將來 遙遠的將來
    ------+----------------+-------------+----------+---------------+-------------------

    你的思想常常在「現在」的狀態嗎﹖


    如你不在「現在」的時式,你通常會在時間線上那個位置﹖
    ___________________________________________________________

    是否有某些思想、感覺,記憶使你時常離開「現在」﹖如果有,這些思想、感覺、記憶是什麼﹖


    這練習可幫助我們重新檢視自己的生命,反思自己是否活在當下,抑或把生命活在不能改變的過去或擔憂將來可能發生的事情。


    練習(2):抽離技巧

    練習靜觀,其中一個方法為抽離技巧。我們可留意自己此時此刻的經驗。例如:你感到很悲傷,其實,這只是你此時此刻的感受,情緒可以不時變化。你可嘗試用第三者的角度留意此時此刻的經驗,不要抗拒或批判,也不需追隨自己的思緒。

    你可嘗試用抽離的角度留意此時此刻的經驗,你可將以下的自我對話改變:

    例如:
    「我很苦惱﹗」變成「你感到苦惱﹗」
    「我很哀傷﹗」變成「你很哀傷﹗」
    「我現在很憤怒﹗」變成「你現在很憤怒﹗」

    用不批判抽離的態度去看待自己的經驗,你會給自己心靈空間去接受自己的經驗,情緒並沒有好壞之分,這只是一種經驗而已,學習與之共存。當你能平靜地留意此刻的情緒,你已不再被負面情緒所困。

    練習(3):默想鬆弛

    默想可幫助自我鬆弛,聆聽自己內心的感受,重新得力。你可作以下的練習:

    1 先找寧靜的地方
    2 找一個舒適的坐姿,腰子挺直,雙腳平放於地上
    3 留意自己的呼吸,每當吸氣時,心裡數1, 2, 3,呼氣時,心裡同樣數著1, 2, 3。(I prefer smiling when breathing in, letting go of my pressure and anxiety when breathing out)
    4留意自己的呼吸,從鼻孔慢慢進入身體。當呼氣時,空氣慢慢從腹部流向鼻孔,然後離開身體。
    5 你也可雙手輕輕放在腹上,感覺腹部的起伏。當吸氣時,腹部向上升起﹔呼氣時,可以口鼻兼用,腹部是凹陷下去的。
    6 當有其他的心思意念時,讓它們自然離去。將注意力帶回到自己的呼吸上便可。

    在適當時候,你也可默想聖經經文,以下的經文可以是默想操練的材料:

    「你要把你的重擔卸給耶和華。」(詩五十五22)
    「要將一切的憂慮卸給上帝,因為祂顧念你們。」(彼前五7)
    「要休息,知道祂是上帝。」(詩四十六10)
    「上帝所賜出人意外的平安,必在基督耶穌裡保守你們的心懷意念。」(腓四7)

    每天練習時間可以是早上和晚上,每次練習十五至三十分鐘。每次可默想一段經文,看看神有什麼話對你說。

    ReplyDelete